|Name||No||Yard No||Builder||Laid down||Launched||Comp||Fate|
|No68||CNT, Monfalcone, Austria-Hungary||3.1915||---||---||suspended 1915|
|Displacement normal, t||4900|
|Displacement full, t|
137.0 oa 135.3 wl
|No of shafts||
2 Parsons steam turbines, 14 Yarrow boilers
|Power, h. p.||37000|
|Max speed, kts||28|
|Fuel, t||coal + oil|
|Armour, mm||belt: 100 - 60, deck: 63 - 25, turrets: 100, CT: 100|
2 x 2 - 203/47 G. L/50 K.16, 12 x 1 - 120/42 G. L/45 K.14, 10 x 1 - 47/40 SFK L/44 S, 4 x 1 - 37/42 C.1900V, 8 x 1 - 7.9/80, 2 - 450 TT (beam)
She was ordered in November 1913 by the Chinese Navy. Construction work began on the ship at the end of 1914. Her armament and the armour were to be provided by the Škoda Works, while turbines were to come from Ganz & Danubius AG, Budapest. After the outbreak of the war work on her stopped and later Monfalcone was occupied by the Italian forces. When Monfalcone was recaptured in October 1917 the Austro-Hungarian Navy intended to complete her with modified armament (April 1918), of 8-150mm/50, 2-90mm/50 AA, 4-450mm TT (2x2). She was actually scrapped unfinished on the stocks postwar.
Ship had 100-60mm belt, 63-25mm protected deck. Main gun turrets had up to 100mm protection, CT had 100mm sides.
© Ivan Gogin, 2014